Cedartown Chat Board

Username: Password: 
Save Password Forgot Password?    

Active Topics |  Active Polls |   Donations |  Policies |  Online Users |  Live Chat |  Site Messenger |  Avatar Legend |  Rules |  Search |  Games |  Stats
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 5 ]  [ Total: 5 ]  [ Newest Member: Piney ]
 All Forums
 Cedartown Chat Board
 Obituaries
 Reverend Andrew Lee (Andy) Bryan
Also here:
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic: Patrick Andrew Cain Topic Next Topic: Mr. Joe Vann Kiser  

Micka420
CCB Power Poster

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  11:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Alert Moderator
Reverend Andrew Lee (Andy) Bryan, Sr., a resident of County Road 15, Headland, died early Tuesday morning, March 16, 2010, in the emergency room of a Dothan hospital. He was 52.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 P.M. Friday, March 19, 2010, in the Bethlehem Baptist Church, near Headland, with Reverend Norman C. Simmons, Reverend Gene Gainous and Reverend Bill Smith officiating. Graveside services will follow in the Shorterville Cemetery with Reverend Larry Adams officiating. Holman-Headland Mortuary is in charge of arrangements.

The family will receive friends from 4:00 until 7:00 P.M. Thursday in the sanctuary of the Bethlehem Baptist Church.

Flowers will be accepted or memorial contributions may be made to the Bethlehem Baptist Church Building Fund, 2506 State Hwy. 134, East, Headland, Alabama 36345.

Reverend Bryan was born and reared in Shorterville, son of the late George David Bryan and Helen Cobb Bryan.

He was a 1975 graduate of Abbeville Christian Academy. Reverend Bryan lived in Dothan from 1977 until 1994 when he moved to Headland. In earlier years, he was employed with George Bryan Homes as secretary-treasurer and as director of construction.

In 1987, Reverend Bryan organized the Andy Bryan Evangelistic Association and held crusades in Central America, Europe, India, Israel and in the North American Continent. At the time of his death, he was actively involved as an evangelist in the Andy Bryan Ministries.

In 1997, he received a National Recording Contract with Morning Star Recording Company in Nashville.

Reverend Bryan was an active member in the Bethlehem Baptist Church where he served as the staff evangelist and was a member of the church choir. He was a member of the Southern Gospel Music Association, Air Craft Owners and Pilots Association and the National Association of Home Builders. Reverend Bryan served as Chaplain of the Headland Police Department and Henry County Sheriffs Department and also was currently serving as Chaplain for the Retired State Troopers Association. He was a member of Brown's Crossroads Masonic Lodge No. 529.

Reverend Bryan was preceded in death by his beloved son, Andrew Lee Bryan, Jr. and a sister, Barbara Lynn Bryan.

Surviving relatives include his wife, Rose Mary (Rosey) Curenton Bryan, Headland; two daughters, Rachel Marie Bryan Hughes and husband, PFC, U.S. Army, Justin Hughes, Ft. Drum, N.Y.; and Jessi Lynn Bryan, Headland; his twin sister, Anna Marie Bryan Senesac and husband, Ken Senesac, Abbeville; a brother, George Alan Bryan and wife, Carol Bryan, Headland; his first grandchild expected in September; his father-in-law, Haywood N. Curenton; sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law from the Curenton family, Martha Wood, Amy and Fox Fleming, all of Enterprise; Bron and Kim Curenton, Hartford, AL.

Cedartown survivors include uncle and aunt, Phil and Margie Frazier.

Rev. Andy Bryan conducted many revival services at Cedartown's World View Baptist Church in the past, and many Souls have been Saved through his Ministry.

Serving as active pallbearers will be Carlos Clark, Colby Gay, Judd Hinson, Billy W. Hamm, Tim Moats and Patrick Rhodes.

Holman Headland Mortuary is in charge of the arrangements.

The Olin L. Gammage and Sons is making this local announcement for the family and friends of Rev. Andrew Lee (Andy) Bryan, Sr.

Enig
Feelin The Spirit

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Alert Moderator
I saw Andy preach one time back in around 96 or so and he was really good. I recall:

"A fellow came up and asked me if he would be a Baptist after getting saved, and I told him that once you get saved you should find out that Baptist isn't anything but a label that either blow off on the way up or burns off on the way down".

I've thought about him a lot just here recent, and was even at his website the other day and saw that he was in bad health and not able to do his ministry that much. I'm grateful that I had that chance to see him and learn some things.

Enig
Feelin The Spirit

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  10:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Alert Moderator
Here is his website:

http://www.andybryan.com/

kimbone
CCB Regular Poster

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  12:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Alert Moderator
I had the honor to see him preach and sing (he had an amazing voice).

Previous Topic: Patrick Andrew Cain Topic Next Topic: Mr. Joe Vann Kiser  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked |   Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:
Cedartown Chat Board © 2004 Cedartown Chat Board Go To Top Of Page
 This page took 0.19 seconds to load Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000